Thanks to the kind help of Europa veteran Jim Broshot, I was able to add an article index for the original Europa Newsletter published by GDW in 1976-78 to the library. The references also have been added to the pages of DNO and Narvik, respectively. For you, that means another little glimpse at Europa history, for me, it means finally learning who exactly the first fifty buyers of Drang nach Osten really were.
Some days ago, while expanding the “Europa Online” page, I noticed the “one Week Europa” crowd also joined the landowners: The website is offline, and as with most things Europa, I doubt they’ll be back any time soon. My updating frenzy of the last weeks is slowly coming to an end (not because of lack of ideas or material, though). For the future I might slowly broaden the outlook of this website to maybe include some successor projects to sad Europa, lest this website becomes a purely historical documentation about some dead game. Then again, I might have trouble updating for some weeks anyway, so don’t expect too much. Latest so far:
- Individual pages for The Grenadier. I maybe will add a vidual index like the one for TEM at some point.
- Speaking of TEM: Finished the TEM visual index and added TOCs for every issue.
- Started adding a reference section to most games with a list of articles about or with scenarios for the respective game, compare the entries for “Fire in the East” for example. Still loads to do, as always.
- Eric Pierce sent a new version of his Updated OB for the Soviets in AWW, so I replaced the download and the page.
Still working on: Uploading and linking some custom game charts made by Ken Newall for his awesome FWtBT-report, and adding more turns to the ME/ER-report by Greg Bartels.
The Europa Magazine #64 – Cover
(Vol.XI, No.6, 1998)
Note: This was a 25th Anniversary Special edition of the Europa Magazine containing reprints of various Europa magazines/newsletters first issue)
- GDW Newsletter 1
- “Europa revisionism” (Commentary) Unknown
- “Operation Taifun: The German March on Leningrad and Moscow” (Scenario) Gary Stagliano (Drang Nach Osten! )
- T.O – issue 1
- The Europa Newsletter 1 – Note: reprint of The Europa Newsletter 1, also reprinted in The Europa Newsletter 1-4 Special Reprint
- “From the Editor” (Commentary) Ben Knight
- “News from GR/D” (Commentary) Winston Hamilton
- “US 1st infantry Division” (Historical) John Astell (Torch/Second Front)
- “Red Desert – adding the Red Army to War in the Desert” (Scenario) John Astell (The Near East)
- The Grenadier – issue 1
- Nuts & Bolts – issue 1
- – “Company Briefing: Twelve games in ’98!” (Commentary) Winston Hamilton